ERP MOBILISATION PROGRAMME FOR GLOBAL DRINKS COMPANY Tuesday 16th February, 2016
The SAP landscape in the UK was fragmented and its use across the business is inconsistent. The global SAP template, was in development and there was a desire within the UK to be the first deployment in order to implement a common SAP template across the UK business, to consolidate into one system and to drive process consistency.
The UK had already developed a high-level estimate of costs, which has been reviewed at executive level. The client needed to do further preparation work and to develop the estimate in more detail to support financial planning and budgeting. This estimate needed to include the effort required for process change, architecture and systems interfacing, people, both internal and external and the effort required to improve the quality of data.
Coeus was asked to support the estimate calculation and mobilisation activities through:
- Working with the business and IT to understand high-level requirements, need for process change and data challenges
- Based on previous experience estimate the architecture and systems interfacing effort
The Coeus team worked with the client to develop:
- An ERP programme estimate, including further detail on the effort required for process change, architecture and systems interfacing, people, both internal and external and the effort required to improve the quality of data
- Outline plan and key activities, in support of the estimate
- UK programme governance, operating model and programme structure, including key interfaces into the GIS template organisation
The benefits of working with the Coeus team were:
- The programme estimate and supporting documentation supported executive decision making and secured in excess of £15m funding for the UK SAP programme
- Reshaped the programme to be business-led through engagement of functions, where the Functional Owners of Sales, Procurement, Supply Chain, and Finance drive the scoping and design